**DEADLINE EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 12TH**
We are very pleased to announce that we are starting the applications for the Island Innovation Ambassador Program 2021.
This year was the first year that we carried out the Ambassadors Program, leading to a very positive impact that we were more than satisfied with! This involved the participation of almost 200 ambassadors from places as diverse as Orkney, Hong Kong, Vancouver Island, Tierra del Fuego, Puerto Rico, the Faroe Islands, Saint Lucia, Fiji, and beyond; each with the mission to represent their islands/countries in our network and also help to promote the Virtual Island Summit 2020 in their local communities.
In addition to this, they had the opportunity to organize Virtual Hubs, which allowed them to deliver useful information about the summit in their communities, in the local language, with more targeted interaction.
What to expect for next year?
For next year’s program, we are looking for people who are passionate about island issues, innovation and sustainable development, of any age, who reside or have resided on an island, with a commitment to represent their island/country, who are able to participate in our activities and meetings, and who are strongly committed to building more sustainable islands.
We aim to integrate and combine Networking, Sustainability, Diversity, entertainment, and knowledge, and will develop the program in phases during the year (January to December 2021):
Benefits of becoming a Virtual Island Summit 2021 Ambassador
- Network with people who have interests in common to yours.
- Access to training sessions with experts on sustainable development issues related to islands.
- Gain recognition in your island/country as a knowledgeable individual on island issues.
- Access to free tickets to participate in virtual events.
- Possibility of participating in campaigns on climate change.
- Features of ambassadors on the Island Innovation website blog.
- Testimonials from our other ambassadors.
- Paid commission for any sponsors signed up by the ambassador.
- Featured photo and bio on the website.
- Personalised recommendation letter and certificate received at the end of the period.
Main elements of the 2021 Ambassador Program
- Participate in 1 monthly 1 hour-long training session on sustainable development topics
- Participate in 1 monthly 1 hour-long meeting on Ambassador Program updates (must attend 70% of meetings)
- Organize an event prior to the Virtual Island Summit 2021 in the local community
- Promote the Virtual Island Summit 2021
- Creation of a video of maximum 1 minute to invite your community to participate in the Virtual Island Summit 2021 (optional)
- We anticipate that Ambassadors will be required to spend 1-2 hours per week throughout the year, with additional hours in busy periods.
Please register here if you want to participate!
We also want to invite you to participate in the 2021 Ambassador Program information sessions. During these, we will answer all your questions regarding the program, and inform you about the news and the main changes for the 2021 program. Click on the link below to register for the Island Innovation ambassador information sessions:
- Island Innovation Ambassadors Program 2021, information session 1. November 17, 09:00 AM (GMT+01:00)
1am (Vancouver Island) / 4am (Barbados) / 9am (Orkney, UK) / 12pm (Mauritius) / 8pm (Fiji)
- Island Innovation Ambassadors Program 2021, information session 2. November 17, 2020 18:00 PM (GMT+01:00)
10am (Vancouver Island) / 1pm (Barbados) / 6pm (Orkney, UK) / 9pm (Mauritius) / next day, 5am (Fiji)
Sign up for the session that has the best time zone for you!
Don’t miss the deadline of December 12th! Successful applications will be notified by the second half of December.
Please note that is a voluntary position, with no fee to be paid to take part.
If you have any further questions about your application, please contact email@example.com
We can’t wait for you to join us. Good luck!
The Island Innovation Team
Island Innovation is a social enterprise and digital media company at the intersection of sustainable development and communications, offering specialised services across various sectors. We bring together the private sector, government, utilities, NGOs and universities to advance innovation for sustainability and prosperity in islands worldwide.