Excerpt from mauinow.com
A total of 19 community-based projects in Maui County are included community enrichment grant funding in 2022 from the Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority. The HTA announced $2.9 million in funding to support 86 community-based projects, festivals and events through its Community Enrichment program for 2022.
Among the Maui recipients are: Hāna Arts for workshops and events in East Maui; Lōkahi Pacific for various festivals and hoʻolauleʻa events; and Hui Noʻeau for art workshops and programs. A full list of Maui County recipients are posted below:
- Arts Education for Children Group, 2022 Maui Music Festival Series
- Hāna Arts, Hāna Arts Presents! – A Workshops and Events Program for East Maui
- Hawaiian Canoe Club, 2022 Pailolo Challenge
- Hui Noʻeau, “Captivate the Artist in You” Art Workshops with Hui Noʻeau
- Hui Noʻeau, “Celebrate the Visual Arts of Hawai‘i”
- Lahaina Restoration Foundation, Lahaina Quest Cultural Programs
- Lōkahi Pacific, Festivals of Aloha
- Lōkahi Pacific, Prince Kūhiō Maui Hoʻolauleʻa
- Lōkahi Pacific, Emma Farden Sharpe Hula Festival
- Maui Arts & Cultural Center, Maui ʻUkulele Festival 2022
- Maui Arts & Cultural Center, Visual Arts Exhibitions 2022
- Maui Classical Music Festival, Maui Classical Music Festival
- Maui Makers, Talk Story, Sew & Feast
- Maui Pops Orchestra, Maui Pops Orchestra 2022 Concerts
- Pacific Whale Foundation, 6th Annual World Whale Film Festival (WWFF)
- Valley Isle Road Runners, 50th Annual Maui Marathon
- Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement, Molokaʻi Paniolo Heritage Kamehameha Rodeo and Workshops
- Youth in Motion, Molokaʻi Holokai Hoʻolauleʻa
- Lānaʻi Culture & Heritage Center, Our Living History: Lānaʻi Digital Archive
Recipients include nonprofit organizations that are supporting quality experiences created by the communities to be shared with residents and visitors. The Community Enrichment program supports an array of festivals, events and programs in the areas of agriculture, culture, culinary, nature, education, health and wellness, sports, and voluntourism.
Island Innovation is a social enterprise and digital media company at the intersection of sustainable development and communications, offering specialised services across various sectors. We bring together the private sector, government, utilities, NGOs and universities to advance innovation for sustainability and prosperity in islands worldwide.