Anyone, of any age, who resides or has resided on an island, and wishes to represent their island/country can apply to become an Island Innovation Ambassador. They will represent their country and network with policy-makers, entrepreneurs and NGO leaders while gaining industry experience, exposure and recognition.
Frequently Asked Questions
We anticipate that Ambassadors will be required to spend 1-2 hours per week throughout the year, with additional hours in busy periods. As part of your commitment you will be required to join in monthly training sessions and meetings as well as helping to promote our virtual events.
- Applicants can be of any age
- Have an island connection
- Be passionate about islands issues, innovation and sustainable development
- Have a desire to change the world
- Must be highly motivated to represent their island/country in our network
- Committed to participating in meetings and trainings
Yes! If you’ve enjoyed being an Island Innovation Ambassador we recommend applying again the following year. We have a number of Ambassadors who have been part of the program for consecutive years.
No, our program is open to all and there are no fees involved in becoming an Ambassador.