Island Innovation is a social enterprise committed to drive sustainable change across islands and rural areas around the world. We want to help island stakeholders share best practice and knowledge to help drive economic performance, ensure political stability and promote good governance. This improves the social and environmental conditions within remote and rural communities, in addition to creating a stronger and more cohesive global support network. To maintain our activities, we offer marketing and communication services to a wide range of organizations in the public, private and nonprofit sectors. By joining our team you will have the opportunity to connect with inspiring leaders and organizations that are working towards a better future.
The Lead Account Manager plays a critical role as a partner to the customer, demonstrating leadership, strategic direction, accountability, business acumen, and vision for the portfolio of businesses that their team manages. The Lead Account Manager effectively leverages experience, knowledge, and skills to drive innovative thinking and set challenging goals for the team, balancing the needs of the customer, company, and team. Supervision and approval of the development of objectives and strategies, as well as the respective ideation to support such goals.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong background in Digital Marketing, excellent communication skills, and strong leadership skills, as well as experience managing a team of Account Management professionals within an agency environment. Projects will include a broad range of digital marketing projects, public relations and virtual/hybrid events.
As a Lead Account Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the planning, the quality of deliveries, the management of the schedule and the support provided meet the expectations of our customers, through supervision of the Account Manager team. In this leadership position, the role will be to manage and mentor Account Managers in pursuit of client success, ensuring strong team unity, optimizing the use of talent and seeking the development of all members.
Responsibilities / Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for developing and overseeing department KPIs and customer-facing processes.;
- Development and supervision of the client’s digital and events strategy;
- Lead and manage a team of 4 Account Managers;
- Provide ongoing training to team members to ensure we are constantly delivering the best experience to our customers;
- Identify upsell opportunities in the Account Managers’ portfolios and suggest the services to be offered;
- Monitor and support Account Managers during upsell negotiations, solving scope, pricing and pitch questions;
- Work closely with the directors to optimize any revenue opportunities within the agency as a whole;
- Work directly with clients when extra attention is needed;
Essential requirements and qualifications
- English fluency with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience developing and executing digital marketing strategies for clients;
- Experience managing teams in a remote work environment;
- Experience with consultative sales;
- Demonstrate organizational skills and extreme attention to detail;
- Deadline-oriented and able to deliver high-quality work to clients under pressure;
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with a broad range of broad range of marketing strategies including Google Analytics, automation tools and social media management;
- Self-motivated, self-initiating, able to run independently with minimal oversight in a fast-paced agency environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Fluency in other languages is a plus (especially Spanish);
- Public relations or events management experience;
- Interest and knowledge in sustainable development and island communities;
- Understanding and experience working with different client profiles such as NGOs, governments, and private companies;
- Experience working in a remote team environment.
Depending on experience. Please submit your salary expectations when you apply. This is a full-time remote position with some flexibility in structure. Please note that we are a small, community-focused social enterprise and salary expectations should be in line with the non-profit sector.
DEADLINE: May 3rd or until the position is filled.
Please complete the form below to apply for this role.
Island Innovation is a social enterprise and digital media company at the intersection of sustainable development and communications, offering specialised services across various sectors. We bring together the private sector, government, utilities, NGOs and universities to advance innovation for sustainability and prosperity in islands worldwide.