Island Innovation is a social enterprise that works with sustainable businesses, NGOs, and academic institutions running virtual events, marketing campaigns, and offering strategic consultancy. A large part of our work is sharing insights and sustainability best practices with our large community through social media and our weekly newsletter. We also run two major virtual events throughout the year, the Island Finance Forum and the Virtual Island Summit.
The Marketing Manager position requires an individual who is motivated and works well independently as well within a virtual team environment. You would be required to develop the Island Innovation marketing strategy, which includes updating and developing our website. In addition to this, you may be required to work on client projects depending on the business requirements.
Organisation, good communication and flexibility are essential. This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop a long-term marketing strategy that drives results, work with an international team and relishes the freedom of being able to run multi-channel marketing campaigns.
Role and responsibilities
- Developing and executing the marketing strategy for Island Innovation
- Drive marketing strategy that supports new business and client retention
- Managing the content and web development team
- Hiring and managing freelancers as required for the marketing plan
- Coordination of social media and development of strategy
- Developing content plan including but not exclusive to e-books, webinars, press releases, emails and blogs
- Liaising with partners and key stakeholders
- Reporting on marketing performance and suggesting improvements
- Managing weekly newsletter performance
- Creating workflow emails and automation sequences
- Developing and managing PR opportunities
- Ensuring website updated and are optimised for SEO
- Managing website strategy and development projects
- Executing client projects
Desired experience and qualifications
- Breadth and depth of experience in marketing and content creation
- Experience developing and managing social media strategies
- Email marketing strategy and automation
- Project management experience (Asana, ClickUp, Trello, Basecamp)
- Comprehensive knowledge of content marketing including SEO
- Website development experience (strategy, project management and optimisation)
- Google Analytics and Search Console
- Knowledge of GDPR and other global data protection laws
- Successful management of account manager teams and delegating client-facing projects
- 5+ years experience working in a consulting or marketing agency (or similar)
- Native or near-native English fluency
- Experience creating ads audience and ads for Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Managing AdWords accounts, creating ads and optimizing bids
- Publish and edit content using WordPress
- Comfortable working remotely and using Slack and Zoom
- Use of Canva, Illustrator or similar design tools
- PR experience
- Experience managing teams in a remote work environment
- Experience working with remote, rural or island communities
- Currently living, or are from, an island community
- Have worked with government agencies, NGOs and sustainable businesses
- Experience working in virtual events
- Additional language fluency
Depending on experience. Please submit your salary requirements when you apply. This is a full-time remote position with some flexibility in structure. Please note that we are a small, community-focused social enterprise and salary expectations should be in line with the non-profit sector.
How to apply:
Please complete the form below to apply for this role.
DEADLINE: June 1st or until the position is filled.
Island Innovation is a social enterprise and digital media company at the intersection of sustainable development and communications, offering specialised services across various sectors. We bring together the private sector, government, utilities, NGOs and universities to advance innovation for sustainability and prosperity in islands worldwide.