Accelerate innovation on your island
Learn how to become the facilitator of a co-creation workshop that engages the diverse interests of stakeholders
Boost innovation on your island in 5 steps and 100 days!
Become a certified workshop facilitator for innovation and sustainable development for islands. Learn tools to engage with local stakeholders and bring about new projects, products and services to drive positive change on your island.
You can start anytime!
Become an innovation facilitator
This step-by-step journey will help you become the facilitator of a co-creation workshop that engages the diverse interests of stakeholders. Learn the skills to support the change journeys of organizations and governments in your region.
Accelerate positive results
Throughout this journey your innovation roadmap will help prioritize actionable opportunities and accelerate their realization. Connect with experienced coaches to improve your innovation skills.
After the course, you will be able to:
We invite you to get inspired by the insights, lessons and practical examples gathered from pioneering islands.
- Compare the status quo with the desired future “the dream”
- Create a new or revised policy program with a focus on engagement-oriented projects
- Build innovation teams for municipalities and regions
- Develop multi-sector action plans on topics like energy, water, transport, agriculture, circular economy, tourism, emerging technology, and more
- Spark a “dancefloor” for policy innovation brainstorms
Get to know the course agenda
1. Course Introduction
Dive into this self-guided course to accelerate innovation on your island.
2. A TIPPING Approach
Learn about the TIPPING approach and a sample of strategies you can select for your innovation workshop.
3. Prepare your process: chance favors the prepared
A destination is as beautiful as the hardship endured to arrive. Although nobody’s ever shied away from a smooth ride and your stakeholders are more likely to stay aboard.
4. Creating an innovation roadmap
An innovation roadmap is in essence a co-creation process and by design a journey of diverging and converging with key stakeholders. Learn more on some key steps and milestone along the way.
5. The art of hosting your workshop
Facilitation a great workshop is equal parts art and science. Find out more from experience TIPPING guides how they run their workshops.