Gain professional experience while contributing to a social enterprise
The Fellowship is a voluntary internship with Island Innovation. The program allows interns to gain valuable experience working in a social enterprise within the sustainable development sector.
We are a fully virtual company that accepts applications from all over the world. We welcome all candidates, including those currently living on islands or in remote and rural regions.
How Island Innovation can help you build your work experience:
How you will contribute
Desirable qualifications and experience
Each candidate will be reviewed based on their previous work experience, support of the Island Innovation mission and the current team requirements at Island Innovation.
Core skills required of fellows:
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English (other languages are beneficial but not required);
- Interest in development, climate, environment and/or sustainability;
- Ability to create engaging content for the company’s social media pages (e.g. original text, photos, etc.);
- Ability to create high-quality written content, such as blog posts and reports;
- Ability to plan and execute tasks in a timely manner;
- Organizational skills and extreme attention to detail;
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Docs Tools;
- Ability to work remotely with confidence.
The fellowship requires an investment of our time. There are three formats available:
- 6 month fellowship with a commitment of 10 hours per week
- 3 months with an commitment of 25 hours per week
- 2 month fellowship with a commitment of 30 hours per week
Any questions about the Ambassador Program?
Frequently Asked Questions
Join our Community Programs to access opportunities to connect with sustainability-related organizations and island stakeholders across the globe
Find, connect, take action together.
By joining our Community Programs you will access opportunities to connect with sustainability-related organizations and island stakeholders with diverse backgrounds. Learn new skills through our training sessions, get inspired, hear from industry experts, and solve problems together.