This occasional newsletter highlights events and stories about innovation in sustainable development for rural, remote and island regions. We want to change the discourse to demonstrate how islandness can be a driver for innovation.
Share your thoughts, experiences, and research into how we can all work towards supporting stronger island communities
Thank you for taking the time to consider submitting your content to Island Innovation
Each month, tens of thousands of readers from around the world visit our site in search of news, solutions and inspiration. Sharing your thoughts, experiences, and research into how we can all work towards supporting stronger island communities globally is a great way to help others, build connections and generate awareness around the initiatives that matter most to you.
Feel free to submit
What do we look for?
The features most important to us when we consider guest submissions are:
How to submit your content
Before creating your content, please submit a brief summary using the contact form. We will let you know whether your content idea will be a good fit for the Island Innovation portal and provide you further instructions though email within 7 business days.
- Once your summary is accepted, you can write your content and email it to our team members.
- Articles should be either written in Microsoft Word or Google Docs file formats.
- Please attach one photo (either your own or a copyright free stock image), with the file name “Header Image”, that we can use as a header image in the post. If there are additional photos you would like to appear in your article, such as graphs or diagrams related to the text, add them to the document and provide a link for download.
- We are keen to offer the best possible exposure for our writers, through connecting our readers and writers, so we kindly ask you to provide a brief biography (2-3 lines) and links(s) such as an email address, personal website and/or LinkedIn and Twitter accounts. This will allow any readers keen to engage with you after reading your article to be able to reach out and tag you if they share your post on social media.
- All content should be created in English.
Island Innovation reserves the right to edit all content submitted for publication, including formatting, headlines, grammar and length. We reserve the right to reject any content for any reason. We welcome other submissions from those whose content pieces may not have been chosen. We very much appreciate the time and effort it takes to write and submit your content.